Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Houston are designed to help your son or daughter learn the tools to conquer growing workloads starting in elementary school and beyond. Providing effective study tips is what our tutors do best, so if your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead in class, we’re here to make sure they achieve their goals.
Better Strategies for Studying Smart
When kids and teens face growing demands kids at school, it's critical to have well-developed study habits. We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. But our Personalized Tutoring program is broad, detailed, and customizable. All of the following areas are covered:
- Research skills: Finding and evaluating relevant sources, and writing an accurate bibliography.
- Effective note taking strategies: From color coding to flash cards, study aids can help material stick.
- Active reading skills: Better reading comprehension will be valuable to your child in every subject.
- Time management: Supplement strong study habits with good prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master the writing process: Encourage your child to become a stronger, more effective writer.
- Online safety: Tips for locating and evaluate relevant sources as well as how to share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. Motivation and inspiration are the keys to making sure your teen strives to meet—and exceed his or her potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Learn how to put skills to work: Using newly acquired skills to complete a range of projects and tests is the key to making sure concepts really stick and good habits are formed.
- Build on and sharpen required skills: Whether you want us to focus on note taking, presentation skills or time management, we'll make sure to target the areas your teen needs extra help.
- Improve confidence for meeting challenges head on: While we teach practical skills, we'll also make sure to foster positive attitudes towards studying you're your child feels capable of meeting big expectations.
- Develop competencies that will be essential moving forward: It starts with success in high school, but you want to see your teen continue to thrive after graduation. Sylvan can help with the development of important skills like job interview prep, presenting and goal setting.