As your child advances through each grade, the difficulty and frequency of assignments is going to increase — but learning how to conquer new challenges with ease is possible. With Sylvan’s study skills programs in El Paso, your child will spend time learning effective time management and exam prep strategies that will put them on the right track towards successful college applications. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That’s how our experts prepare students in El Paso for success an all facets of their lives.
Tailored to be More Personal
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why our sessions are tailored to be personal and relevant, equipping students with the tools they need to be effective, confident learners.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
After you've signed your son or daughter up for our study skills program in El Paso, what can you expect next? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students foster their newly acquired habits and attitudes, recognizing each milestone reached and every skill mastered.
Take a closer look at our study skills program:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.