Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Dallas, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future college applications. It's a great way to find out how to get the better of any "to do" list. Our study skills program focuses on more than academic best practices — it also builds positive organizational habits that last a lifetime. That’s how our experts help prepare students in Dallas for success in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, a combination of techniques are needed to ensure the best possible academic performance, including advanced research skills, assignment planning and the ability to use active listening in class. That's why we take each student's unique needs into consideration, tailoring our sessions to focus on proven ways to study more effectively and boost grades.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Dallas? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. We also help students nurture positive habits, recognizing every skill mastered and every milestone reached.
What your child will take away from our study skills program:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.