As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. With our study skills program in College Station, you can help your child get ahead of the game when it comes to time management, test preparation and future challenges to come. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list.
Relevant and Personalized
There is no "one-size-fits-all" way to develop important "higher order" thinking skills. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in College Station? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes advice on how to make test preparation and project planning more manageable. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.