As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Sylvan's study skills program in Cedar Park is designed to help students improve their time management, learn how to prepare for tests and successfully prepare for challenges to come. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
Relevant and Personalized
Different students have different needs when it comes to mastering those critically important "higher order" thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Cedar Park? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes revealing methods to take the intimidation factor out of assignments, projects and tests. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.