As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. Sylvan’s study skills programs in Brownsville make teaching solid time management and exam prep methods a top priority so your child is better prepared for upcoming college applications. It’s an excellent way to encourage the best habits for staying on top of even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how we make sure children and teens in Brownsville and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
A Customized, Personal Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. That's why we assess each student's needs to help ensure every session is both relevant and personalized, emphasizing the most effective ways to study, achieve better grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Make a Difference
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Brownsville? Our tutoring experts will impart study skills that are not only applicable in school but can also be used throughout life. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also work on encouraging a positive attitude and acknowledging students for every goal and milestone reached.
Our study skills program offers:
- Guidance towards effective planning and time management strategies.
- Tips for more efficient note-taking like using flash cards.
- Reading comprehension techniques that will improve ability to understand and retain information.
- Research best practices for finding quality online sources and sharing digital information as responsibly as possible.
- Advice for improving written communication skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies cover different types of questions and help manage nerves.
- Guidance through the college admissions process and tips for preparing for job interviews.
- Handy scheduling options that will make it easier to fit in all your priorities.