Sylvan’s study skills program in Texas can help ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for increasing school workloads and the forthcoming challenges of college. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! We're ready to equip your child for success: simply contact your local Sylvan in Texas to get started or to find out more.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
Whether it's extracurricular classes, homework assignments, a part-time job or the demands of a full social life, there’s no doubting that students often have a lot on their plate. And when college applications eventually come about, it can be an even greater challenge to stay on top of everything. That's where our tutoring experts step in, offering a study skills program that focuses on effective planning, managing and prioritizing skills — helping students take on any project and achieve the right results.▼
The Skills to Achieve More in School and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. So our study skills program in Texas is all about the kind of transferable skills and strategies that can be applied immediately in the classroom — as well as in college and professional settings later on. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Here's What Your Child Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.