As school workloads grow and the challenges of college get closer, you can help ensure your son or daughter is prepared with Sylvan’s study skills program in Texas. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in Texas now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
A Successful Future Starts Now
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of college applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
A solid foundation leads to success. With our study skills program in Texas, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in college and career settings later on. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Your Son or Daughter Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more efficiently.
- Strategies for setting short-term and long-term goals.
- Techniques for planning and tracking long term projects.
- Organizational methods for setting up an effective personal study area and tackling homework.
- Planning and performance management skills, including how to use an academic calendar, track grades and set personal expectations.
- Tactics for expectation management, including developing skills in active listening and identifying teacher expectations.
- How to navigate college admissions requirements, including the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation tips and tricks, including learning how to write an impactful resume and cover letter, and how to ace a job interview.