With Sylvan’s study skills program in Texas, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program focuses on problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that kids in grades 4-12 can use to organize their schoolwork and manage their busy schedules more effectively. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Texas now to get started.
A Smart Approach to a Brighter Future
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. That’s why we've tailored our study skills program in Texas to equip teens with skills and strategies that are not only applicable at school right away, but can also be used at college and, eventually, in a career setting. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. Help your child take on any challenge with confidence: find out how we can enhance his or her skillset.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.