Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids programs in McKinney take after-school learning to a new and exciting level! Your child will get hands-on experience building and animating a new LEGO® robot each week while learning important science and engineering concepts along the way — it’s a total blast! These innovative programs provide the perfect way to help your child remain engaged and motivated outside of school. They're also a great way to empower young programmers or engineers to get on the right path to success by developing critical 21st century skills.
Enrich Your Child’s Skill Set
As careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) continue to grow, it’s becoming increasingly important to equip students with vital 21st century skills. Fortunately, our Robotics for Kids courses in McKinney are designed to challenge and inspire kids in elementary and middle school to master critical modern-day skills like computer programming and problem solving without skimping on fun. Your child will work with a buddy to build robots using kid-friendly technology — a process that helps kids learn useful STEM concepts and build confidence.▼
Our Programs are Fun for Parents Too!
Learners of all types have an awesome time in our Robotics for Kids programs: no prior know-how required! Parents are involved too, receiving detailed updates every step of the way. That includes sending you weekly communications to share student progress, recap STEM concepts learned and preview next week’s project. Your son or daughter will also complete a wrap-up activity at the end of each class to reinforce the concepts learned in class — and to share his or her exciting achievements with you!
Our Robotics Programs Offer:
- A small group setting with no more than 12 students per class, so you can expect your child to receive personal attention
- Exciting, interactive projects that turn learning into a memorable experience
- The camaraderie of partnering with a buddy to develop and animate a new LEGO® robot every week
- Easy-to-use software that’s a blast to tinker with
- STEM curriculum that is devised to equip students with a 21st century skill set
- Ongoing communication, so parents are kept in the loop throughout the duration of the program