With Sylvan’s Robotics for Kids courses in McAllen, after-school learning has never been cooler! Your child will have a blast as he or she builds LEGO® robots and masters key concepts in science and engineering! These programs provide the ideal way to help your child stay interested, engaged and motivated outside of school. Budding engineers and programmers can equip themselves with 21st century skills that could be crucial for future success.
Help Your Child Move Ahead
Career opportunities in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) are growing, so it's smart to ensure your child gains a 21st century skill set at an early age. That’s where our Robotics for Kids programs in McAllen come in: our hands-on courses are specifically designed to motivate and inspire students to hone contemporary skills like problem solving and computer programming without the need for repetitive drills. Working with a partner and using kid-friendly software, your child will learn how to build and program a number of robots, developing practical STEM skills and boosting confidence along the way.▼
Stay up to Speed with Your Child's Progress!
Kids of all ages have a blast with our Robotics for Kids programs, and no previous experience or expertise is necessary! Parents also get to benefit because we provide them with regular updates throughout. That means you'll get weekly communications that illustrate your child's progress, explain which STEM concepts have been covered and look ahead to the next week's project. There are also wrap-up tasks and reinforcement tools for each session, helping kids consolidate the skills learned in class — and share amazing accomplishments with friends and family!
Our Robotics Programs Offer:
- Personal attention in a small group setting (no more than 12 students per class)
- Fun, hands-on activities that transform education into an unforgettable experience
- The camaraderie of working with a partner to build and animate a new LEGO® robot each week
- Kid-friendly software that’s easy to learn and fun to use!
- STEM-focused learning that’s designed to equip students with a valuable skill set
- Regular communication, so parents are kept up-to-speed throughout the course