Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Our Unique Approach
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.