Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Succeeding academically doesn’t just mean getting a passing grade on a test or an exam. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Waco, Temple and Bryan region focus on the larger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.