Do you need a writing tutor in the Tyler and Longview region? If your child is starting to fall behind on writing-based assignments, needs some extra practice to continue to build on skills or wants to start building a foundation for success and get ahead in class, our expert tutors can help.
Targeted Learning for Your Family
Sylvan is committed to providing programs that aim to support your child towards build writing skills that will lead to success. Lessons on sentence structure and grammar and tips for writing compelling college application essays are just a few things our writing tutors can do to help your child build the skills to succeed — and he or she will have fun along the way!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Our Personalized Tutoring program in writing is designed to help children who are struggling to keep up with writing requirements build skills and regularly complete writing assignments with a lot less frustration. With our Personalized Tutoring program, you can look forward to: With Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- The confidence to be a more engaging writer. Starting with the fundamentals of the writing process including compositing, revising and editing, we make sure your child has a solid foundation.
- Noticeable results in the classroom. Our writing program is designed around the standards of college and career readiness, so the focus is on relevant skills.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutors in the area, so getting the writing help your family needs is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is ideal if your child needs added practice to build on skills for writing-related homework assignments and tests. You can expect the following from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring support that builds skills needed to keep up in class and complete homework.
- Learning sessions personalized to your child’s needs, from skill practice to homework help and tips for studying for tests.
- Interactive activities that emphasize hands-on learning.
- Expert tutors who use modern teaching methods to make sure difficult concepts make sense (so you don’t have to be the expert!).
- Budget-friendly rates with monthly packages that keep things simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For students on the academic fast track, strong writing skills are essential. This program is designed to help your child excel in advanced courses and learn the research-based writing skills to complete homework and tests with writing components as well as write college admissions essays. You can expect the following with this program:
- More confidence for conquering writing-related challenges moving forward.
- An understanding of composition techniques and research skills that help your child excel in advanced courses.
- Expert guidance on how to write a compelling college essay that makes an impression.
- Build upon existing skills with practice in research-focused writing.
- Affordable hourly rates.
Don't Wait to See Results
Get started for only $95 for a limited time. Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a great way to pinpoint strengths and tailor lessons to target skill gaps. Fill out our form or give us a call today and we'll get in touch to discuss your needs and who we can help.