It's never too early to develop strong study habits! Our Study Skills programs in the Tyler and Longview region help equip students with essential skills they can put to good use throughout their education. This includes time management skills, strategies for taking on heavier workloads, research tips and more. Whether your mission is to help keep your child from falling behind or equip them with added guidance to get ahead, our effective study strategies and techniques could make all the difference.
Get Smart About Studying
Combining both instruction and independent learning, we help ensure smart study skills become deep-rooted habits. These are fundamental habits that children can take with them long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has different needs. That’s why a one-size-fits-all approach to learning just won’t work, especially when it comes to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in every subject area. Rest assured our Personalized Tutoring program caters to your son or daughter’s particular needs. The skill sets we focus on include:
- Active reading techniques: Reading comprehension skills play a key role in all school subjects.
- Conquering the writing process: We can help students become more skilled and proficient writers.
- Helpful strategies for taking notes: Get smart about study time with practical and effective techniques like color-coding and flash cards.
- Time management skills: Sometimes knowing where to begin is the hardest part. We’ll help your child learn how to successfully organize and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Research strategies: We take a deep dive into specific subjects and look at the best ways to write bibliographies and evaluate sources.
- Internet safety: We help kids learn how to use the internet safely and effectively, including finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From getting more proficient at studying and advanced research to setting smart goals, we can help teens enrich skills that they can take with them into adulthood. Our tutors know how to motivate and inspire students to reach their goals and get the best possible results. Our Advancement & Test Prep program helps your teen:
- Sharpen the right skills: This is a modular program. You get to decide which areas we focus on, ensuring we attend to your teen's most important needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies. This reinforces concepts and turns good habits into lifelong assets.
- Feel more confident: We know how to foster positive behaviors, resulting in confident teens that prepare, persevere and meet big expectations.
- Get a head start on adult responsibilities: These skills don't stop at college. At Sylvan, your son or daughter can work on advanced techniques in goal setting, job interview preparation and even public speaking!