It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the San Antonio region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the San Antonio region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Unique Approach
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the San Antonio region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the San Antonio region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.