Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Houston region. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Houston region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Proven Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Houston region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Houston region consider the bigger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.