Finding a dependable reading tutor in the Houston region could go a long way towards making sure your child is developing strong reading skills, gaining confidence and getting results that extend beyond the classroom. If you think your child is starting to fall behind, could use some added practice to stay up to speed or is just eager to get ahead of the pack, our tutors are available to provide the personalized support he or she needs to achieve every goal.
Learning Designed to Get Results
Sylvan offers a range of different approaches to reading tutoring to make sure your child is getting the guidance he or she needs to improve. First, we’ll identify your child’s current reading level and then we’ll recommend a program that will lead him or her to success.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with reading level expectations and needs help to catch up and build confidence, this program can help. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to provide your son or daughter with guidance in building on skills that are on-par with grade level. Our Personalized Tutoring program can offer your child:
- Success in class and beyond. Class and homework time will be a breeze.
- More personalized support. We use the results of a reading assessment to determine the approach your child needs to improve fluency and comprehension.
- More confidence and guidance. Our expert reading tutors will constantly tweak your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—not frustrating!
- The skills to achieve success. With our school-aligned curriculum, your child will be learning things that apply directly to the classroom.
- Affordable rates. With our rates, you’ll feel confident you’re getting the best reading help for your family.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a big help for kids who need extra guidance completing reading-related homework and tests, as well as staying on track in the classroom. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring that will help improve reading comprehension skills so your child can tackle homework assignments and participate in class with confidence.
- Learning sessions that encourage skill practice and test prep with methods designed to target your child’s needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum that is designed to match up with what your child is learning in class.
- Interactive activities that encourage the understanding of different types of material through hands-on practice.
- Competitive prices with monthly packages that fit into your budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
For the student on the academic fast track, this program can provide added support navigating tough workloads, prepping for tests and completing reading-related assignments. Give your teen every opportunity to succeed in college-level classes and conquer advanced coursework with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With this program, you’ll notice:
- More confidence to tackle big workloads
- More efficient reading skills for completing assignments in advanced classes
- Improved time management skills to complete homework and study for tests that include a large reading component — including the SAT and ACT
- Better scores on homework assignments, tests, and on college entrance exams
- Preparation for the high expectations of college workloads
- Competitive hourly rates
Connect with Sylvan Today
The Academic Checkup pinpoints your son or daughter’s exact personal strengths and needs, allowing our expert tutors to effectively focus on the right areas for success. Get started for only $95* for a limited time! Simply get in touch to learn more!