It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. Fortunately, our study skills program in the DFW region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills can make a lasting impact in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the DFW region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Unique Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the DFW region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the DFW region consider the bigger picture. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.