Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Amarillo region. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Amarillo region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Amarillo region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the Amarillo region keep the big picture in mind. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.