Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Amarillo region. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Amarillo region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Amarillo region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the Amarillo region keep the big picture in mind. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.