Building smart study habits can be key to a brighter future! Our Study Skills programs in the Abilene and Sweetwater region are designed to equip your child with valuable skills they can put to good use in school and beyond. This includes time management skills, strategies for taking on heavier workloads, research tips and more. Whether your goal is to help keep your son or daughter from falling behind or provide that extra guidance to get ahead, our study tips and strategies are sure to make a positive impact.
Get Smart About Studying
We provide a mix of instruction and independent practice to ensure great study skills become ingrained habits. These are life-long habits kids and teens can carry with them long after graduation!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two kids are the same. This is why a one-size-fits-all tutoring program just won’t cut it, especially when we’re talking about behaviors and outlooks that can affect performance in every subject. You can feel good knowing our Personalized Tutoring program zeros in on your child’s unique needs. Here are a few of the skill sets we teach:
- Strategies for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills can make a big difference across all subject areas.
- Boosted writing skills: We can help your child become a more effective communicator.
- Techniques for note-taking: Get equipped with smart strategies for ensuring more productive study time, including flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Better time management skills: When it comes to heavy workloads, it can be difficult knowing where to start. That’s why we’re here to help your child organize and prioritize for optimal results.
- Honing research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we can explore the best ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Internet safety: We can help children understand how to use the internet in a safe and responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From getting more proficient at studying and advanced research to setting smart goals, we can help teens enrich skills that they can take with them into adulthood. Our tutors know how to motivate and inspire students to reach their goals and get the best possible results. Features of our Advancement & Test Prep program include:
- Strengthen the appropriate skills: This modular program allows you to choose which topics to focus on, making sure we address your teen’s particular needs.
- Build lifelong competencies: We provide students with an abundance of opportunities to apply their new skills. This helps ensure concepts stick and transforms effective techniques into lifelong habits.
- Boost confidence: Our tutors know how to motivate, inspire and reinforce positive behaviors, leading to more confidence, better preparation and greater academic success.
- Prepare for greater responsibilities ahead: These skills extend far beyond school. When your teen comes to Sylvan, he or she can develop advanced techniques when it comes to setting goals, preparing for a job interview or giving a presentation.