It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Abilene and Sweetwater region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Abilene and Sweetwater region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Abilene and Sweetwater region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Abilene and Sweetwater region focus on the larger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.