As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Oak Ridge, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to stay on top of even the most demanding "to do" lists.
A Personalized Approach
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Our Tutors Can Help Make a Difference
So what is in store when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Oak Ridge? Our experienced tutors will be there to help your child develop study skills that will last a lifetime. That includes tips for making completing assignments and studying for tests that much easier. We also reinforce positive habits and attitudes, recognizing students for every skill they learn and milestone they reach.
Our study skills program has it all:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.