As your child continues to progress through each grade, workloads and assignments will become tougher to manage — but there are strategies for conquering new challenges with ease. Register your child for Sylvan's study skills program in Maryville and we'll help him or her manage time better, prepare for exams effectively and even start laying the groundwork for a great college application. It's a great way to gain the skills needed to balance even the longest "to do" list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how our experts tee up Maryville students for real success at school — and beyond.
A Tailored, Personal Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. From exam preparation to advanced research and active listening skills, a number of factors have to be considered in order to maximize all-round academic performance. That's why we personalize our sessions to make sure each student has the support and guidance to study more effectively, boost grades and gain more confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
See the Difference We Can Make
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Maryville? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes handy tips that make all kinds of exams, assignments and tests much more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Active reading and listening strategies, as well as presentation techniques.
- Test preparation and test day strategies to manage anxiety and take on various types of questions.
- Time management tips and practical organizational habits.
- Note-taking techniques such as flash cards.
- Writing and research tips, including how to assess the suitability of sources and create a bibliography.
- How to use and share digital information responsibly.
- How to navigate the college admissions process.