Workloads grow and assignments get tougher as your child progresses through school, but there is a way to successfully take on these challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Knoxville, your child will develop better time management and test preparation skills, successfully preparing for the challenges that lie ahead. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. Anything from help with exam preparation, assignment planning and research techniques to developing advanced active listening skills for maximizing in-class learning could be required. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Register your child in one of our study skills programs in Knoxville and you can expect nothing but positive changes. Our tutoring experts will teach practical study and organizational skills that can be used in school and throughout life. That includes sharing techniques that are proven to make exams, projects, assignments and other schoolwork more manageable. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management tips, note-taking techniques and stronger organizational skills.
- Advanced comprehensive strategies, including active reading and active listening.
- Test prep and test day strategies that cover every kind of exam question and reveal how to control anxiety levels.
- How to evaluate sources, write a bibliography, and use digital resources responsibly.
- How to put together a successful college application.
- Resume and cover letter techniques, as well as job interview preparation tips.