Strong study habits are essential for even the youngest learners. Our Study Skills programs in Clarksville, Tennessee have the power to ensure your son or daughter learns how to tackle increasing workloads from elementary school to college and beyond with ease. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
Sound study habits are the perfect antidote for the growing demands kids and teens face at school. By combining instruction with plenty of practice and chances to test developing skills, we can make sure habits become ingrained!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Seeing as every child has specialized needs, instilling helpful habits that emphasize positive behaviors and attitudes towards study habits won’t necessary be one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Effective note taking strategies: There are many ways to make study time more productive, such as flash cards and color coding.
- Active reading strategies: Strong comprehension skills are important in every subject.
- Research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we explore how to evaluate sources and create a bibliography.
- Mastering the writing process: We know how to bring out each student's inner writer, transforming them into much more effective communicators.
- Time management: Take the stress out of growing workloads with advanced organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Online safety: We help students learn how to use the internet safely, including how to evaluate and share digital informational responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. Our tutors know how to inspire your ambitious teen to study smart and work hard to reach — and surpass — his or her potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build on and sharpen the right skills: You choose the skill areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, effective note-taking or presentation skills — so we’re honing in on the areas your teen needs the most guidance.
- Consistently apply the skills in his or her life: We make sure your teen has plenty of opportunities to apply newly-learned strategies to projects and big tests. This reinforces concepts and encourages the development of lifelong habits.
- Feel more confident tackling new challenges: In addition to teaching practical skills, we encourage positive behaviors and attitudes so your teen develops confidence and perseverance to conquer big expectations.
- Develop skills that will come in handy in the future: It all starts with thriving in high school, but you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond, too. Sylvan can help your son or daughter work on essential skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation!