Looking to make sure your child is fostering good study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Chattanooga empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Guidance for Studying Smart
Combining practice, instruction and frequent opportunities to practice new skills, we know how to ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
When every child has specific needs, instilling positive attitudes and study habits can’t be a matter of one size fits all. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program comes in. All of the following areas are covered:
- Time management: Your child will learn to organize and prioritize much more effectively.
- Active reading strategies: Stronger comprehension is an important asset across all subjects.
- Effective note taking: Flash cards, color coding and other techniques make time spent studying more productive.
- Research skills: Learning how to assess sources and write a bibliography, focusing on particular subjects.
- Mastering the writing process: In time, your son or daughter will become an effective, engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including how to locate and evaluate information, and share digital assets responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Study habits, goal setting, digital literacy, time management and more: our tutors know how to help teens develop practical academic skills that can be used well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build a strong foundation of essential skills: Let us know what areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, presentation skills or note taking — and we'll make sure your teen is getting the right guidance.
- Instill the confidence to take on new challenges: Positive behaviors and attitudes will supplement the practical skills learned so your teen has the confidence to meet any challenge head on.
- Develop skills for the future: Sylvan can make sure your son or daughter succeeds well beyond the classroom with essential skills like goal setting, public speaking and how to prepare for a job interview!