Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Nashville region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Nashville region can help set your child on the path to success.
Practical Learning for Real Results
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Nashville region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
The Right Preparation for the Best Results
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Nashville region consider the bigger picture. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program teaches strategies for smart studying, including:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.