Developing strong study habits is essential to success! With our Study Skills programs in the Nashville region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. That includes workload management skills to help cope with the challenging progression from elementary school to college and beyond. No matter if your child is falling behind in class or eager to get ahead, our programs will deliver real results.
Through a combination of instruction and independent learning, we help ensure effective study habits become second nature. After all, kids and teens need these habits in school — and long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Every child has different needs. That’s why a one-size-fits-all approach to learning just won’t work, especially when it comes to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in every subject area. Rest assured our Personalized Tutoring program caters to your son or daughter’s particular needs. You can expect your child to be equipped with a skill set that includes:
- Strategies for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills can make a big difference across all subject areas.
- Boosted writing skills: We can help your child become a more effective communicator.
- Techniques for note-taking: Get equipped with smart strategies for ensuring more productive study time, including flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Better time management skills: When it comes to heavy workloads, it can be difficult knowing where to start. That’s why we’re here to help your child organize and prioritize for optimal results.
- Honing research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we can explore the best ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Internet safety: We can help children understand how to use the internet in a safe and responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From setting goals and reinforcing study habits to developing advanced research skills, we help teens strengthen key competencies that will serve them well into their adult years. Our tutors know how to motivate and inspire students to reach their goals and get the best possible results. Our Advancement & Test Prep program helps your teen:
- Focus on the right topics: This is a modular program, which means you can decide which areas to pay particular attention to, ensuring we focus on your son or daughter’s specific needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students get hands-on with applying their newly developed strategies in order to strengthen concepts and help turn smart habits into lifelong skills.
- Build up confidence: By fostering positive behaviors, we help boost your teen’s confidence and help him or her successfully prepare to achieve big goals.
- Preparation for tackling adult responsibilities: The skills your son or daughter builds at Sylvan aren’t just valuable in college. Your teen will also develop advanced strategies in goal setting, job interview prep, public speaking and more.