It's never too early to develop strong study habits! With our Study Skills programs in the Nashville region, your son or daughter has the opportunity to develop skills that will serve them well throughout their education. That includes workload management skills to help cope with the challenging progression from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether the aim is to prevent your child from falling behind or give them extra support to get ahead, our proven study tips and techniques will make a big difference.
Effective Study Techniques
Through a combination of instruction and independent learning, we help ensure effective study habits become second nature. After all, kids and teens need these habits in school — and long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two children have the exact same needs. For this reason, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially in relation to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in all subject areas. You can feel good knowing our Personalized Tutoring program zeros in on your child’s unique needs. Here are just some of the skill sets we focus on:
- Strategies for active reading: Strengthened comprehension skills can make a big difference across all subject areas.
- Boosted writing skills: We can help your child become a more effective communicator.
- Techniques for note-taking: Get equipped with smart strategies for ensuring more productive study time, including flash cards, color-coding and more.
- Better time management skills: When it comes to heavy workloads, it can be difficult knowing where to start. That’s why we’re here to help your child organize and prioritize for optimal results.
- Honing research skills: Focusing on a particular subject, we can explore the best ways to assess sources and put together bibliographies.
- Internet safety: We can help children understand how to use the internet in a safe and responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to goal setting, digital literacy and advanced research skills, we empower teens to develop talents that are applicable well into adulthood. Our tutors know how to motivate and inspire students to reach their goals and get the best possible results. Through our Advancement & Test Prep program, your teen will:
- Focus on the right topics: This is a modular program, which means you can decide which areas to pay particular attention to, ensuring we focus on your son or daughter’s specific needs.
- Develop lifelong skills: Our students get hands-on with applying their newly developed strategies in order to strengthen concepts and help turn smart habits into lifelong skills.
- Build up confidence: By fostering positive behaviors, we help boost your teen’s confidence and help him or her successfully prepare to achieve big goals.
- Preparation for tackling adult responsibilities: The skills your son or daughter builds at Sylvan aren’t just valuable in college. Your teen will also develop advanced strategies in goal setting, job interview prep, public speaking and more.