Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in South Dakota. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. You'll see a noticeable confidence boost as your child gets to grips with life-long tools and techniques that can be used at school at beyond! So don't delay: contact your local Sylvan in South Dakota now to make sure your child is equipped for success.
Prepare for a Bright Future Ahead
With homework piling up, advanced classes to take, extracurricular activities to attend, part-time jobs to get to on time and a social life to uphold, there’s no question that most students have a lot on their plate. And with college applications to eventually consider, it can be difficult to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program can make a big impact: our tutoring experts will equip students with valuable strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing schedules and workloads, so they can take on any project more effectively.
Life-Long Skills to Succeed, Starting in Grade 4
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why our study skills program in South Dakota is designed to equip teens with vital skills and strategies that they can not only put to use right away in any grade, but that they can also carry with them into college and even into future careers. At Sylvan, we see the bigger picture, which is why we’re dedicated to instilling life-long knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically, both inside and outside the classroom. Together we can build your child’s skillset (and confidence!) so he or she can take on any challenge.
Here's What Your Teen Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.