Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! Fortunately, our study skills program in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region take the bigger picture into account. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.