Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region take the bigger picture into account. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.