Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region consider the bigger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.