Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region consider the bigger picture. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.