It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Sioux Falls and Mitchell region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.