As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Charleston, and he or she will learn better time management and test prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for tackling future challenges ahead. It’s an effective way to nurture the skills to manage any “to do” list.
A Personalized Approach
No two adolescents have identical learning styles — and that includes how they develop those essential “higher order” thinking skills. Whether they need assistance with exam prep, assignment planning, research methods or improving their active listening skills, we have it covered. At Sylvan, we start by evaluating each student’s needs so we’re able to tailor our approach and fill each session with relevant ways to improve grades through better study habits.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Tutors You Can Count On
Wondering what you can look forward to once you've registered your child for our study skills program in Charleston? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. We also focus on fostering a positive attitude towards education by making sure to acknowledge every student’s accomplishments on a regular basis.
Our study skills program at a glance:
- Tips for developing better planning habits that will improve time management and organization.
- Stronger reading comprehension, active listening and presentation skills.
- Writing and research methods that will improve ability to find accurate sources and write a bibliography.
- Note taking habits that will improve comprehension and make studying more efficient.
- Advice for test preparation and reducing anxiety on test day.
- Strategies for locating, evaluating and sharing digital information responsibly.
- Tips for navigating the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Flexible schedule options that allow you to manage your family’s time effectively.