With increasing school workloads and college challenges on the horizon, now is the time to help your son or daughter prepare with Sylvan’s study skills program in South Carolina. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in South Carolina.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
With the extra burden of homework, advanced classes, part-time jobs and a host of extracurricular activities, it's easy to see how much modern students have to fit in to their schedules. Add college applications to the mix and it can be extremely difficult to stay on top of things. But our study skills program is designed to have a big impact: our tutoring experts help students develop valuable strategies in order to more effectively plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads.▼
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success begins with a strong foundation. That’s why our study skills program in South Carolina emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. Because we see the bigger picture, we’re always dedicated to instilling lifelong knowledge that can help your son or daughter thrive personally and academically. Learn how we can help your child push his or her skillset (and confidence!) to the next level.
Your Child Will Learn:
- How to manage workloads and schedules better.
- Strategies for short-term and long-term goal setting.
- Techniques for project planning, tracking and management.
- Organizational methods for effective personal study areas and efficient approaches to homework.
- How to set personal expectations, track grades and make effective use of an academic calendar.
- Active listening skills.
- How to successfully apply for college and write a compelling admission essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including how to create a resume that works.