Make sure your son or daughter is ready for growing school workloads and the future challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in South Carolina. Our program, which is tailored for kids and teens in grades 4-12, focuses on the kind of life management, critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to manage schoolwork and organize busy schedules more effectively. You'll see confidence levels soar as your child picks up life-long tools that he or she can put to good use in the classroom and beyond! Help your child get equipped for success: get in touch with your local Sylvan in South Carolina today to get started.
Laying the Groundwork for Future Success
As homework, extracurricular activities and social engagements start to pile up, it's easy to see how busy it is to be a modern student. With college applications to consider as well, it can be a real challenge to stay on top of things. This is where our study skills program — and our tutoring experts — can have a positive effect, helping students take on any project more effectively with practical strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing their schedules and workloads.
From Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Greater achievements need a solid foundation. That’s why our study skills program in South Carolina emphasizes skills and strategies that students can use at school right away — and, eventually, continue using them to succeed at college and in professional settings. At Sylvan, we're always mindful of the bigger picture, so we're dedicated to teaching lifelong knowledge that helps to ensure your son or daughter's lasting personal and academic success. We’re ready to build your child’s skillset so he or she can take on any challenge with confidence.
Your Teen Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.