Finding a reliable reading tutor in Columbia, South Carolina can make a big impact when it comes to improving your child’s reading skills, boosting his or her confidence and getting real results in the classroom and beyond. Whether it's help to keep from falling behind, a little extra practice to stay on track or the support to master advanced topics and get ahead, our tutors can help.
A Personalized Approach to Tutoring
We offer a number of approaches to reading tutoring, ensuring that each child is empowered to learn in the most effective way for his or her needs. After identifying your child’s current level, we can recommend that most suitable path to make sure he or she is progressing and achieving results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child needs support to bring his or her reading scores up to grade level, this could be the ideal program to see a real improvement. Here's what our Personalized Tutoring offers:
- Success in school and at homework time. We guarantee progress!
- The exact support your child needs. The results of our comprehensive reading assessment allow us to pinpoint what your child needs to improve fluency, comprehension and reading competence.
- Higher confidence and full support. Our certified reading tutors know how to adjust your child’s personalized learning plan so reading is challenging and fun — not frustrating.
- Competitive rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other tutoring companies and private tutors, so getting the best reading help for your family is affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is designed for children who need extra support with reading homework and tests and to stay on course for good results in the classroom. Here’s what’s included with Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to build on and sharpen reading comprehension skills, keep up with homework and get ahead in class
- Learning sessions that include skill practice, homework help, and test prep tips, all designed to meet your child’s needs
- A school-aligned curriculum that makes a big impact in class performance
- Affordable monthly packages that satisfy your needs and budget.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your son or daughter is on the fast track and could use a little guidance tackling heavy course loads, Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course can help your teen adapt to and become proficient at accelerated courses and college-level classes. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Bigger confidence (and less frustration) in managing heavy course loads.
- Improved efficiency when it comes to completing advanced reading assignments.
- Sharpened time management skills for finishing homework and studying for tests with a large reading component, like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores on everything from homework and tests to college entrance exams.
- Effective preparation for college workloads and expectations.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Start Now and Enjoy Our Limited-Time Offer!
There's still plenty of time to prepare for success in the new school year. By scheduling an Academic Checkup at your local Sylvan, we can take evaluate your child's academic skills in comparison with nationwide norms — and use our findings to identify which areas need to be improved. Success starts now: get started for only $95*!