It's never too early to develop strong study habits! Our Study Skills programs in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville region are focused on equipping kids with important skills they can use in the classroom and in life. This includes skills for managing heavy workloads and strategies for easing the transition from elementary school to college and even into the workforce. Whether your goal is to help keep your son or daughter from falling behind or provide that extra guidance to get ahead, our study tips and strategies are sure to make a positive impact.
Get Smart About Studying
Through a combination of instruction and independent learning, we help ensure effective study habits become second nature. After all, kids and teens need these habits in school — and long after they graduate!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
No two children have the exact same needs. For this reason, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach to learning, especially in relation to attitudes and behaviors that impact performance in all subject areas. You can feel good knowing our Personalized Tutoring program zeros in on your child’s unique needs. Here are a few of the skill sets we teach:
- Active reading techniques: Reading comprehension skills play a key role in all school subjects.
- Conquering the writing process: We can help students become more skilled and proficient writers.
- Helpful strategies for taking notes: Get smart about study time with practical and effective techniques like color-coding and flash cards.
- Time management skills: Sometimes knowing where to begin is the hardest part. We’ll help your child learn how to successfully organize and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Research strategies: We take a deep dive into specific subjects and look at the best ways to write bibliographies and evaluate sources.
- Internet safety: We help kids learn how to use the internet safely and effectively, including finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible manner.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to goal setting, digital literacy and advanced research skills, we empower teens to develop talents that are applicable well into adulthood. We provide the motivation and inspiration your child needs to go after goals and reach his or her full potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Strengthen the appropriate skills: This modular program allows you to choose which topics to focus on, making sure we address your teen’s particular needs.
- Build lifelong competencies: We provide students with an abundance of opportunities to apply their new skills. This helps ensure concepts stick and transforms effective techniques into lifelong habits.
- Boost confidence: Our tutors know how to motivate, inspire and reinforce positive behaviors, leading to more confidence, better preparation and greater academic success.
- Prepare for greater responsibilities ahead: These skills extend far beyond school. When your teen comes to Sylvan, he or she can develop advanced techniques when it comes to setting goals, preparing for a job interview or giving a presentation.