Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. We've specifically designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, focusing on "higher order" thinking skills and strategies such as time management, academic planning and interview preparation. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Comprehensive Approach
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That’s why our study skills experts in the Greenville, Spartanburg and Asheville region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.