School may be finished for the year, but that doesn’t mean the education has to stop. Sylvan’s summer camps in the Columbia region are a fantastic way to help keep your son or daughter inspired, motivated and engaged in cool new ways. No boring drills here!
We combine easy-to-learn technology, fun games and hands-on projects (like programming video games and designing robots) to make sure kids are having a great time. Your child has the option to register for our summer programs with friends or spark new friendships as he or she develops important skills in a collaborative group setting. You’ll be delighted to see your child’s confidence grow!
Summer Learning That Makes a Big Impact
Children of all ages love our summer camps because they take important subjects and turn them into hugely engaging experiences. Through fun-filled projects and activities, your son or daughter will master key competencies — like STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills, writing skills and study skills — that can lead to greater success in the classroom and beyond. Keep your child motivated all summer long: register for a Sylvan summer camp in the Columbia region today!▼
Inspiring Young Imaginations
Sylvan’s summer camps in the Columbia region take learning to the next level. This can be attributed to our highly effective combination of proven teaching methods and hands-on projects and games, which motivate your child to develop new skills while having plenty of fun in the process!
From subject-specific courses to technology-focused programs, our summer camps are a fantastic way to get your child primed for the approaching school year. We have a number of scheduling options to choose from, so you won’t be hard pressed to find time for learning this summer.
Our STEM Summer Camps Include:
- Robotics: Your child will have a great time as he or she learns how to build and program a variety of robots using LEGO® bricks and intuitive technology. There’s no better way to learn crucial STEM and problem solving skills!
- Engineering: Your son or daughter will be amazed to learn what goes on in the world of machine and bridge design with our cutting-edge, themed engineering programs.
- Coding: Your child will learn how to program, design and animate stories and video games that can be played with friends — a process that helps him or her develop valuable 21st century skills like problem solving, programming and logic.
Don't Miss Our Engaging Academic Skill Camps:
- Early Reading Edge: Our Early Reading Edge camp is a great way to help prepare your little learner for elementary school! We use a kid-friendly combination of interactive lessons and fun-filled games to help your child get to grips with the basics of reading.
- Study Edge: Reduce stress and watch confidence soar! Our expert teachers will help your son or daughter develop the all-important organization, planning and time management skills needed for greater success both inside and outside the classroom.
- Fit4Algebra: Learning algebra doesn’t have to be daunting. We use a fun combination of activities to help your child master the skills needed to successfully complete difficult algebra assignments with confidence.
- Writing: Your aspiring writer will compile a wide-ranging portfolio he or she will gladly want to show off. Throughout the program, your child get to try a variety of writing techniques, such as crafting web copy and writing movie reviews.