Do you need a writing tutor in the Charleston region? If your child is starting to fall behind on writing-based assignments, needs some extra practice to continue to build on skills or wants to start building a foundation for success and get ahead in class, our expert tutors can help.
Focused Learning to Meet Specific Needs
Sylvan is committed to providing programs that aim to support your child towards build writing skills that will lead to success. From lessons on the fundamentals of sentence structure to support writing college application essays, our writing tutors will make sure your child has all the necessary tools to succeed — and has fun in the process!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is struggling to keep up with writing level requirements, our Personalized Tutoring program in writing could be just what he or she needs to build on skills, tackle writing assignments and avoid frustration. Here’s what you can look forward to with Personalized Tutoring: Here’s what Personalized Tutoring can provide:
- More proficient, engaging writing skills. Master the writing process — from composition to revision and editing — to build a solid foundation. With these skills, your child will become a better writer and better student overall.
- Results in the classroom. Our writing program was developed to contribute to college and career readiness so the attention is on practical skills.
- Affordable rates. Our hourly rates are comparable to other local tutors, so making sure your family has the best writing help always fits your budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is a good fit if your child would benefit from extra practice to improve skills needed for writing-based assignment and tests. You can expect the following from Academic Coaching:
- Proactive tutoring to develop skills to keep up in class.
- Hands-on activities that lay the groundwork for essential skills.
- Targeted tutoring sessions that focus on your child’s specific needs including skill practice, homework help and test prep.
- Experienced tutors who utilize the latest teaching methods for getting concepts to stick (so you don’t have to worry about being an expert!)
- Affordable rates thanks to our monthly packages that keep it simple.
Advanced Writing and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
Strong writing skills are important for the students on the fast track academically. This program is designed to help your child with everything from acing advanced courses and building research-based writing skills to writing a college admissions essay that will stand out. With this program you can look forward to:
- More confidence to tackle writing-based challenges in the future.
- The composition techniques and research skills that will help your child ace advanced courses.
- Expert guidance for how to craft an engaging college essay that stands out.
- Build on developing skills with extra practice in research-based writing.
- Competitive hourly rates.
Sign Up For an Academic Checkup Today!
The Academic Checkup identifies your child's academic strengths and needs, so our expert tutors know which areas to focus on for success. Get one today at your local Sylvan!