Finding a reading tutor in the Providence and New Bedford region you can rely on can make a big difference when it comes to helping your child improve his or her reading skills, build confidence and getting real results inside and outside the classroom. If your child is starting to fall behind, needs extra practice or is just looking to get ahead, our tutors can provide the kind of guidance he or she needs to succeed.
Learning Designed to Get Results
Sylvan offers a selection of reading tutoring approaches to make sure your child is receiving the kind of attention that will make a difference. First, we’ll identify your child’s current reading level and then we’ll recommend a program that will lead him or her to success.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
If your child is having a difficult time keeping up with reading level requirements and could use some guidance to catch up and develop confidence, this program could be the perfect solution. Our intensive reading tutoring is designed to help your son or daughter build and master the required skills to get on-par with grade level. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Success in class and during homework. You’re guaranteed to see progress!
- The attention your child needs. After getting the results of a reading assessment, we can develop a plan to help your child increase fluency and reading comprehension.
- The support to build confidence. Our certified reading tutors will periodically change up your child’s personalized learning plan to keep it challenging—but never frustrating!
- Key skills for success. We align our curriculum with local schools so everything your child is learning can be applied in class.
- Comparable rates. Our prices are competitive with other companies and private tutors in the area so getting the best reading help for your family is always affordable.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
This program is perfect for students who need extra practice with reading-related tasks and assignments, and could also use help staying on track in the classroom. Here’s what you can expect with Academic Coaching:
- Dedicated tutoring that aims to sharpen reading comprehension skills and that will make sure your child is completing homework and keeping up in class.
- Learning sessions that focus on skill practice, homework help and test prep, all designed to meet your child’s needs.
- A locally aligned curriculum that is relevant to what your child is learning in class.
- Hands-on activities that improve reading skills and your child’s understanding of all kids of material.
- Affordable prices that fit your budget thanks to our convenient monthly packages.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (Grades K-12)
This program is ideal if your child is on the fast track and/or could use guidance managing a heavy workload, tackling an assignment with a large reading component or studying for a big test. Give your teen the tools he or she needs to conquer advanced coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. With this program, you’ll notice:
- The confidence to manage tough workloads.
- The efficient reading skills needed to keep up with assignments in advanced courses.
- Strong time management skills for juggling assignments, homework and studying for important tests like the ACT and SAT.
- Higher marks on homework assignments and tests as well as college entrance exams.
- Preparation for the requirements of college courses.
- Budget-friendly hourly rates.
Enjoy Our Limited-Time Special Today!
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment is a wonderful way to both pinpoint your child's strengths and identify skill areas that need improvement. Give us a call or fill out the form and we'll contact you as soon as possible to talk about your needs and how we can help.