As your child progresses through school, the workloads get bigger and the assignments get tougher — but there is a way to take on these challenges with confidence and ease. With Sylvan's study skills programs in Hershey, you can help your child manage his or her time better, prepare for exams more effectively and lay the groundwork for a successful college application. It’s the perfect way to build an understanding of how to manage even the longest “to do” list. After all, our study skills program focuses on practical organizational skills as well as proven academic techniques. That's how we help Hershey pre-teens and teens prepare to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Relevant and Personalized
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. We offer everything from assistance with exam preparation and assignment planning to research strategies and techniques for developing better active listening skills. At Sylvan, we assess each student's needs to ensure our sessions are not only relevant but personalized, focusing on the most effective ways to study better, boost grades and gain confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what should your expectations be when you register your child for our study skills program in Hershey? Our tutoring experts will focus on teaching useful, life-long study skills that can be applied towards greater achievements in class and beyond. They will also provide useful tips for improving test preparation as well as assignment and project planning. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
Our program covers the following:
- Strategic and academic planning: How to set goals and track projects in the short-term and long-term.
- Time management: How to use your time more effectively and manage workloads.
- Better organization: How to create a better personal study space and organize schoolwork.
- Planning and performance management: How to make use of an academic planner and track grades.
- Expectation management: How to identify teacher expectations, understand priorities and start using active listening techniques in class.
- Higher education and career preparation: How to successfully navigate the college admissions process, write a compelling cover letter and prepare for a job interview.