Help ensure your son or daughter is prepared for the growing workloads of school and the upcoming challenges of college with Sylvan’s study skills program in Pennsylvania. Through our program, kids in grades 4-12 develop useful life management, problem solving and critical thinking skills to help them better organize their busy schedules and stay on top of schoolwork assignments. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! It's time to equip your child for success: get started today by contacting your local Sylvan in Pennsylvania.
Start Now, Succeed Tomorrow
There’s no doubt that many students have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, whether it's a homework assignment, advanced classes, a part-time job or simply maintaining a healthy social life. Add the extra challenge of college applications and it's even trickier to stay on top of everything. That's why our study skills program focuses on strategies for planning, managing and prioritizing workloads and schedules, empowering students to take on any project — and organize their time — much more effectively.▼
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
Success starts with a solid foundation. For that reason, Sylvan's study skills program in Pennsylvania is designed to equip teens with transferable skills and strategies that can be used in the classroom and, after that, at college and in career settings. Sylvan always has the bigger picture in mind, so we instill life-long knowledge your son or daughter can use to thrive personally and academically. We’re here to enhance your child’s skillset so he or she can meet any challenge with confidence.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- How to manage time and workloads more effectively.
- Proven strategies for short-term and long-term target setting.
- Techniques for planning and managing large projects.
- Organizational methods for efficient homework routines and how to set up a personal study area.
- Performance management and planning skills, from tracking grades to using an academic calendar.
- How to communicate more effectively, including tactics like active listening.
- How to put together a winning college application.
- Job interview preparation tactics, including expert tips for writing a compelling cover letter.