Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! Fortunately, our study skills program in the Philadelphia region is here to help your teen or pre-teen take on his or her busy schedule with confidence. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Philadelphia region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
Our Unique Approach
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Philadelphia region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Philadelphia region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.