It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. That means teaching both short-term and long-term goal-setting techniques as well as study strategies that can be relied on time and again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.