Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region focus on the larger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. That includes teaching proven goal-setting strategies and study tips that can be used time and again. In addition to these life-long skills, we also continually reinforce positive attitudes, building your teen's confidence at a crucial point in his or her journey to adulthood.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.