It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. That's why our study skills experts in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region keep the big picture in mind. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.