It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Proven Approach
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York region take a look at the larger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
Through our study skills program, your child will learn effective strategies including:
- Time management for tackling workloads in an efficient manner.
- Academic and strategic planning for setting short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational habits for setting up a personal study area, organizing schoolwork, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Expectation management for pinpointing teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Preparation for college, including navigating admissions and essay requirements.
- Writing an impactful resume and cover letter, and interviewing for a job.