Developing strong study habits early on is essential if you want your child to succeed. Our Study Skills programs in Lawton can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Extra Support for Studying Smart
We combine instruction with plenty of practice and hands-on exercises to test out developing skills to make sure they are becoming good study habits!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
The right approach for instilling positive attitudes towards studying and smart study habits depends on each child’s unique needs. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can help. Here are the skill sets you can expect to be covered:
- Time management: Your child will learn to organize and prioritize much more effectively.
- Active reading strategies: Stronger comprehension is an important asset across all subjects.
- Effective note taking: Flash cards, color coding and other techniques make time spent studying more productive.
- Research skills: Learning how to assess sources and write a bibliography, focusing on particular subjects.
- Mastering the writing process: In time, your son or daughter will become an effective, engaging writer.
- Online safety: Including how to locate and evaluate information, and share digital assets responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to digital literacy, goal setting, communication and research skills, our expert tutors help teens develop academic tools and techniques that are invaluable well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.