Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? The goal of our Study Skills programs in Lawton is to provide your son or daughter with the tools that will help them tackle growing workloads starting in elementary school all the way to college and beyond. If you’ve noticed your child is falling behind or he or she could use some guidance to get ahead, our tutors are available to provide study tips that will ensure progress.
Smart Study Techniques
We mix one-on-one instruction with independent tasks (and lots of opportunities to put developing skills to the test) in order to ensure that good study habits become second nature!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Since no two children are exactly alike, the best approach for encouraging smart study habits and reinforcing positive attitudes and behaviors won’t be the same across the board. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. It covers a diverse array of academic areas, including:
- Reading comprehension: Active reading is a useful skill across all subjects
- Time management: Better prioritization and organization skills can add to study skills.
- Research skills: How to focus on a single subject, judge sources and write a proper bibliography.
- Note taking tips: Using color coding and flash cards as aids can help make study time more effective.
- Mastering writing skills: With practice, your child will understand the writing process and how to use it effectively.
- Online safety: How to locate, evaluate and responsibly share digital information.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors know that teaching your teen things like smart study habits, good time management, how to set goals, digital literacy and strong research and writing skills are essential for success well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build a strong foundation of essential skills: Let us know what areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, presentation skills or note taking — and we'll make sure your teen is getting the right guidance.
- Instill the confidence to take on new challenges: Positive behaviors and attitudes will supplement the practical skills learned so your teen has the confidence to meet any challenge head on.
- Develop skills for the future: Sylvan can make sure your son or daughter succeeds well beyond the classroom with essential skills like goal setting, public speaking and how to prepare for a job interview!