Trying to balance everything from schoolwork, essays and projects to college prep, extracurricular events and social activities is no easy task! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Tulsa region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Tulsa region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Our Unique Approach
While you might be used to assisting your son or daughter with a math puzzle or an art project, teaching him or her valuable study skills and strategies may be new to you. Using a number of different study strategies and techniques, our tutoring specialists in the Tulsa region concentrate on important skills that can be applied in the classroom and beyond: time management, organization, strategic planning, academic planning and more.▼
What to Expect
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Tulsa region take a look at the larger picture. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.