It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Oklahoma City region. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Oklahoma City region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
Our Unique Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Oklahoma City region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. That’s why our study skills tutors in the Oklahoma City region focus on the larger picture. Our program has been developed to focus on successfully preparing your son or daughter for the heavier workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management for effectively managing time and schoolwork.
- Strategic planning for setting short-term and long term-goals.
- Academic planning for mapping out and tracking long-term projects.
- Better organization for tackling coursework, optimizing a personal study area, setting personal expectations and utilizing an academic planner.
- How to use active listening.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- Getting to understand college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interviewing techniques and how to write an impactful cover letter and resume.