It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! That’s where Sylvan’s study skills program in the Oklahoma City region can make a huge difference: we can help your pre-teen or teen effectively prepare for this exciting yet demanding phase in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Oklahoma City region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Comprehensive Education
You might be used to helping your child with a math problem or English essay, but teaching effective study skills and habits is not so easy. Using a variety of study tips, tactics and strategies, our tutors in the Oklahoma City region focus on practical skills that can be used in school and beyond: how to be more organized, how to plan projects, how to achieve goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Oklahoma City region take a look at the larger picture. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This means teaching invaluable goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied over and over again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.