It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Oklahoma City region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. These skills will not only help set your child on the path to success in high school and college, but they can also carry forward into his or her personal and professional life. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Oklahoma City region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
A Comprehensive Education
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Oklahoma City region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That's why our study skills experts in the Oklahoma City region keep the big picture in mind. We have carefully developed our program around preparing your son or daughter for the increasing workloads and growing expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program teaches strategies for smart studying, including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.