As your child gets older, school workloads will grow and assignment difficulty will increase — but it’s possible for your child to confidently take on new challenges. Thanks to Sylvan’s study skills programs in Wauseon, your child will develop better time management and exam preparation skills while also getting ready for future college applications. It's a great way to make sure that growing "to do" list doesn't have any negative effects. In addition to focusing on effective techniques for academic success, our study skills program also gives students foundation of organizational skills they can take out into the real world. That's how we make sure children and teens in Wauseon and beyond are well prepared to succeed.
Tailored to Fit Individual Needs
Every student learns those all important “higher order” thinking skills differently. In fact, maximizing academic performance could take a variety of different techniques, such as active listening, assignment planning and exam preparation. At Sylvan, we’ll spend time understanding each student’s personal needs and learning style in order to make sure they get the most out of every session, building confidence and better study skills along the way.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Getting into the Right Habits
So what can you expect when you register your son or daughter for our study skills program in Wauseon? Our tutoring experts will teach practical skills for studying and organizing that can be used in and beyond the classroom. That includes study tips that reveal how to make assignments and exams less intimidating and more manageable. Our main goal is to instill a positive attitude, making sure we take the time to recognize students for the progress they make during each session.
What does our study skills program cover?
- Tips for developing better time management and planning habits.
- Test day strategies for managing stress and improving results.
- Efficient note-taking techniques that will make studying and preparing for tests easier.
- Active reading and listening strategies that will increase comprehension and improve presentation skills.
- Learn research best practices, how to choose the right sources and how to write an accurate bibliography.
- Practice and improve written communication skills.
- Help navigating the ins and out of the college admissions process and getting ready for job interviews.
- Beneficial scheduling options that will help you manage your family’s time effectively.