As your child progresses through his or her school career, you can expect the workloads to get bigger and the assignments to get tougher — but there is a way to successfully prepare for these challenges. Register your child for Sylvan’s study skills programs in Vandalia, and he or she will learn better time management and exam prep strategies and start laying the groundwork for future college applications. It’s the ideal way to foster positive habits for managing even the most extensive “to do” list. Our study skills program not only helps improve academic performance — it also builds valuable organizational skills that extend into the real world. That’s how our experts prepare students in Vandalia for success an all facets of their lives.
Our Personal Learning Experience
Not all students learn those essential “higher order” thinking skills the same way. We provide tips for smarter assignment planning and exam preparation as well as effective research strategies and advice on how to improve in-class learning with better active listening skills. At Sylvan, adapting to each student’s unique needs is a priority so we’re able to provide relevant and personalized sessions that focus on practical study tips for boosting grades and building confidence.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
We're Here to Make a Difference
So what happens next once you've registered your son or daughter for our study skills program in Vandalia? You'll learn that our tutors are skilled at teaching effective habits that your child will be able to rely on in the classroom and beyond. That includes tips for managing exam preparation and project planning more effectively. We also recognize every milestone reached, encouraging students to continue fostering their new habits, skills and attitudes.
Our program covers the following:
- Time management advice and smart organizational tips that will help develop better habits.
- Note-taking methods.
- More effective learning skills, including active reading, active listening and improved presentation skills.
- Test preparation and test day strategies offer guidance and help reduce anxiety. How to utilize and share digital information wisely.
- Writing and research advice on how to choose the best sources and write an accurate bibliography.
- Tips for understanding the college admissions process and preparing for job interviews.
- Convenient class times so you can manage your family’s time and resources more efficiently.