It's never too early to develop strong study habits. Our Study Skills programs in Fremont can help educate your son or daughter on how to manage increasing workloads from elementary, high school and college to the workforce. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Studying Smarter with Instant Results
Combining practice, instruction and frequent opportunities to practice new skills, we know how to ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring program can make a difference. You can expect the following skill sets to be covered:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors are dedicated to teaching your teen strong study habits, digital literacy, goal setting, time management an and research and writing skills — all of which will be with him or her well into college and beyond. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Increase confidence for taking on new challenges: We encourage positive attitudes towards studying so your teen understands how to persevere through tough challenges.
- Develop and build on important skills: The skill areas we focus on is up to you. We'll target time management, note taking or presentation skills — whatever your child needs!
- Improve on skills that will be important in the future: Sylvan is here to teach lifelong skills for presentations, goal setting and job interview preparation.