Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Dublin empower students to handle the demands of increasing academic workloads from elementary school to college and beyond. If your child is starting to fall behind or is looking for ways to get ahead, our tutors can provide valuable study tips that will encourage growth.
Study Smart from Day One
At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and ensure good study habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. That's why our Personalized Tutoring program is designed to be comprehensive. All of the following areas are covered:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
Our expert tutors are dedicated to teaching your teen strong study habits, digital literacy, goal setting, time management an and research and writing skills — all of which will be with him or her well into college and beyond. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Build a strong foundation of essential skills: Let us know what areas you want us to focus on — such as time management, presentation skills or note taking — and we'll make sure your teen is getting the right guidance.
- Instill the confidence to take on new challenges: Positive behaviors and attitudes will supplement the practical skills learned so your teen has the confidence to meet any challenge head on.
- Develop skills for the future: Sylvan can make sure your son or daughter succeeds well beyond the classroom with essential skills like goal setting, public speaking and how to prepare for a job interview!