Want to ensure your child is developing strong study habits early on? Our Study Skills programs in Cincinnati empower students to reach their full potential when faced with the challenges of a growing workload, from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Guidance for Studying Smart
Developing strong study habits is essential for kids and teens who are facing increasing workloads at school. At Sylvan, instruction is supplemented with lots of opportunity for hands-on practice to test out new skills and guarantee lifelong habits are being formed!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
There's no such thing as a "one-size-fits-all" way to instill positive academic behavior and instill life-long study skills — after all, every child has unique needs. Our Personalized Tutoring programs are designed to take that into account. Special attention will be paid to the following skill sets:
- Active reading: Nurturing strong comprehension skills will be helpful across all subjects.
- Time management: Efficient study skills rely on the ability organize and prioritize work.
- Note taking strategies: Utilizing tools such as flash cards and color coding can make studying more efficient.
- Research: How to evaluate sources, find relevant information and write a bibliography.
- Understanding the writing process: Through practice, your child will become a more engaging writer.
- Online safety: Finding, evaluating and sharing digital information in a responsible way.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to digital literacy, goal setting, communication and research skills, our expert tutors help teens develop academic tools and techniques that are invaluable well into adulthood. We work hard to empower teens, inspiring them to study smarter and make better progress towards their full academic potential. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Sharpen the right skills: You decide the skill areas to focus on — such as note-taking or presentation skills — so we're concentrating on the areas most relevant to your teen.
- Apply the skills in the real world: Out students enjoy plenty of opportunities to apply their new strategies to projects and big tests.
- Gain more confidence: We encourage positive behaviors and attitudes to help teens gain the confidence to persevere and meet big expectations.
- Develop skills for the future: It's understandable — you want to see your teen succeed through college and beyond. We can help him or her work on public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.