Do you want your child to start building smart study habits now? With our Study Skills programs in Bowling Green are designed to help students achieve their academic potential and manage an increasingly demanding academic workload from elementary school to college and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind or wants to get ahead, our tutors are here to help with effective study tips that make a difference.
Tips for Studying Smart
Combining practice, instruction and frequent opportunities to practice new skills, we know how to ensure good study habits become a way of life!
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
Because every child has individual needs, there's no one-size-fits-all method to instill life-long study skills and facilitate positive academic behaviors and attitudes. That’s where our Personalized Tutoring programs can be of assistance. A wide range of skills are covered, including:
- Effective note taking: Aids like color coding and flash cards can help make studying more effective.
- Research best practices: From evaluating sources to writing a proper bibliography.
- Time management: Organizing and prioritizing are the keys to efficient study habits.
- Mastering the writing process: With practice, your child will learn how to become a stronger writer.
- Active reading: Better comprehension skills will improve your child's scores across all subjects.
- Online safety: How to choose reliable sources and share digital information responsibly.
Advancement & Test Prep (Grades 9-12)
From study habits to digital literacy, goal setting, communication and research skills, our expert tutors help teens develop academic tools and techniques that are invaluable well into adulthood. With Advancement & Test Prep, your teen will:
- Focus on the most relevant areas: You choose the skill areas — such as time management or presentation skills — so we can focus on them and make the biggest difference.
- Be more confident when tackling new challenges: We foster positive behaviors so your teen can feel good about overcoming big academic challenges.
- Develop future-ready skills: We help teens work on fundamental skills like public speaking, goal setting and even job interview preparation.