With Sylvan’s study skills program in Ohio, you can help your son or daughter prepare for increasing school workloads and the future challenges that come with college life. Our program, which is specifically designed for students in grades 4-12, teaches valuable problem solving, critical thinking and life management skills that help kids more effectively manage their time and organize their schoolwork. As your child develops life-long skills that he or she can put to use in school and beyond, his or her confidence will soar! There’s no better time than now to equip your child for success: contact your local Sylvan in Ohio now to get started.
A Successful Future Starts Now
Between homework, advanced classes, extracurricular activities and part-time jobs (not to mention socializing!), most modern students have a lot on their plate. And once college applications start, it can be even more difficult to stay on top of things. That's why our study skills program is tailored to have a lasting positive effect, helping students gain important strategies to plan, manage and prioritize their schedules and workloads more effectively than ever before.
Skills for Greater Success in School, from Grade 4 to High School Graduation and Beyond
A solid foundation is crucial for success. With our study skills program in Ohio, students can develop important skills and strategies that are relevant in the classroom immediately, and can also be applied in college and career settings later on. We always take the bigger picture into consideration, so our goal is to instill lifelong knowledge for personal and academic success. Find out how we can strengthen your child’s skillset so he or she can handle any challenge.
Your Child in Grade 4-12 Will Learn:
- Scheduling and workload management techniques.
- Strategies for achieving goals in both the short term and long term.
- Tips for project planning and tracking.
- Organizational methods for completing homework assignments and establishing an efficient personal study area.
- Performance management skills, such as using an academic calendar and tracking grades.
- Tactics for better communication, including active listening.
- How to ace the all-important college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including how to write an effective resume and cover letter.