When it comes to reading ability, the right reading tutor in Westlake can make all the difference to your child's confidence and achievements in school — and beyond. Whether your child is falling behind, needs extra practice to stay on track or wants to get ahead of the pack, our tutors can provide the targeted support he or she needs to succeed.
Different Programs for Different Needs
We offer a variety of approaches to reading tutoring in order to address the unique needs of each student. After identifying your child’s current level, we can recommend that most suitable path to make sure he or she is progressing and achieving results.
Personalized Tutoring (K-12)
This program is specifically designed for kids who need extra help to take their reading scores up to their grade level. With our Personalized Tutoring, you can expect:
- Personalized support throughout. We start with a personalized learning plan, and we continually update that plan to make sure reading is a fun challenge for your child rather than a source of stress and frustration.
- Targeted learning. Using a detailed reading assessment, we have the insight to know what your child needs to improve reading comprehension and fluency.
- Budget-friendly rates. Our hourly rates are similar to those offered by private tutors and other tutoring companies, helping to keep the best reading help within your family's budget.
Academic Coaching (K-8)
If your child is doing okay with reading-related schoolwork but could do with some extra support to realize his or her potential, this could be the right program for you. Here what our Academic Coaching offers:
- Proactive tutoring to make important improvements in reading comprehension.
- Learning sessions that focus on skill practice, homework help and test prep tips, with each topic tailored to suit your child's unique needs.
- A school-aligned curriculum to ensure relevance to classroom tests and activities.
- Budget-friendly monthly packages to make reading tutoring more affordable.
Advanced Reading and Test Prep (K-12)
If your child is on the fast track and/or needs guidance navigating a more advanced course load, you can help your teen adapt to and excel at accelerated coursework and college-level classes with Sylvan’s Advanced Reading Skills course. Here's what you can expect with this program:
- Improved confidence (and lower stress levels) when it comes to tackling mounting workloads.
- Proficiency at finishing tough reading assignments in accelerated courses.
- Stronger time management skills for completing homework in a timely manner and effectively studying for big tests like the SAT and ACT.
- Better scores in all areas of school, from homework and tests to college entrance exams.
- Preparation for the course loads and expectations to come in college.
- Affordably hourly rates.
Get Started Today and Save!
Get started today for only $95 for a limited time. The Sylvan Insight™ Assessment helps determine your child’s learning requirements so that our expert tutors can focus on strengthening those specific areas for greater success. Call us today or fill out our form and we'll contact you to discuss how we can meet your needs.