It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Toledo region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. Aimed at students in grades 4-12, our study skills program revolves around “higher order” thinking skills and strategies including academic planning, organization, active listening and resume preparation. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Find out how our tutoring experts in the Toledo region can help your son or daughter achieve goals and conquer any workload.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may help your child figure out a math problem or proofread an English essay from time to time, teaching him or her successful study habits and strategies is not always so simple. Our tutors in the Toledo region use a wide range of study tactics, tips and techniques to teach practical skills that can be used both inside and outside the classroom: time management, organization, academic planning and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Toledo region consider the bigger picture. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.