Juggling academic responsibilities like schoolwork, essays, college prep and after school activities — not to mention a social life — can certainly be challenging! But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Toledo region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. Equipping your child with these skills can help make a big impact not only in school and college, but also in future careers. Discover for yourself the many ways in which our knowledgeable tutors in the Toledo region can help set your child on the path to success.
Our Proven Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Toledo region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Here's What You Can Expect
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. That’s why our study skills experts in the Toledo region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Efficient and effective time and workload management.
- Strategic and academic planning for successfully setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- Organizational abilities for organizing schoolwork, setting up a personal study area, setting personal expectations and making the most of an academic planner.
- How to identify teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding college admissions requirements and how to tackle the college admission essay.
- Job interview preparation, including writing an effective resume and cover letter.