It's not always easy to juggle school-related responsibilities like homework, college prep, advanced classes and extracurricular activities — not to mention socializing! Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Toledo region. Our study skills program is specifically aimed at students in grades 4-12 and focuses on "higher order" thinking strategies and techniques, including organization, time management and strategic planning. These skills can help set your child up for success in school, in college and in future careers. Get to know how our expert tutors in the Toledo region can help your son or daughter accomplish goals and take on any workload confidently.
Our Comprehensive Approach
While you may have experience helping your child with a spelling question or math problem, teaching him or her effective study skills and strategies is not always as straightforward. Using a combination of study strategies, tactics and tips, our tutoring experts in the Toledo region pay special attention to concrete skills that can be used in the classroom and beyond: how to organize schoolwork, efficiently manage time, set short-term and long-term goals, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What to Expect
Getting a passing grade on a test or exam is one thing, but academic achievement is much more than numbers alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Toledo region take a look at the larger picture. We've designed our program to ensure your son or daughter is fully prepared for the growing workloads and expectations ahead. This involves teaching effective study strategies and goal-setting techniques that can be put to work time and again.
Our study skills program features such strategies and tactics as:
- Time management to efficiently manage time and workloads.
- Strategic planning and academic planning to set both short-term and long-term goals and projects.
- How to effectively organize schoolwork and a personal study area, set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Navigating college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- How to interview for a job and write an effective resume and cover letter.