Balancing homework, essays and projects with after school activities and part-time jobs — not to mention social events — can be quite the challenge. But with Sylvan's study skills program in the Toledo region, you can help your teen or pre teen prepare for an exciting yet challenging time in his or her life. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Toledo region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Toledo region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
What We Offer
Getting a good grade on a project or exam is one thing, but there’s much more to success than numbers alone. That’s why our study skills experts in the Toledo region ensure the bigger picture is accounted for. Our program is devised to ensure your child is well prepared and properly equipped for the mounting workloads and expectations ahead. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
With our study skills program, your child will learn strategies including:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.