Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. Help ensure your teen or pre-teen is prepared to handle his or her increasingly hectic schedule with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Dayton region. Specially developed for students in grades 4-12, our study skills program focuses on equipping students with important critical thinking skills and valuable time management, organization and strategic planning abilities. After all, students with effective study skills are equipped to succeed not only in school and college but throughout the rest of their lives. Discover for yourself how our friendly tutors in the Dayton region can help your child accomplish goals and realize his or her potential.
A Practical Approach for Tangible Results
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Dayton region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
There’s much more to achieving academic success than receiving a good grade on an assignment or an exam. This is why our study skills tutors in the Dayton region take the bigger picture into account. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This involves teaching strategies for setting goals and equipping students with study tips that can be used over and over again.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.