It isn’t always simple to stay on top of academic responsibilities like homework and essays while juggling extracurricular activities, college preparation and a social life at the same time. However, with Sylvan’s study skills program in the Dayton region, you can provide the guidance and preparation your teen or pre-teen needs to successfully prepare for this exciting yet turbulent time in his or her life. We have carefully designed our study skills program for students in grades 4-12, concentrating on “higher order” thinking skills including academic planning, strategic planning and expectation management After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Contact us today to discover how our knowledgeable tutors in the Dayton region can help your child realize his or goals and take on increasing workloads with confidence.
Our Proven Approach
You might be accustomed to assisting your child with a math question or an art project, but equipping him or her with effective study skills and strategies can be a challenge. Using an encompassing array of study strategies and techniques, our talented tutors in the Dayton region zero in on practical skills that can be put to use immediately in school and beyond: time management and organization, academic and strategic planning, and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Building Skills, Boosting Confidence
Achieving academic success is one thing, but there's more to succeeding at school than exams and assignments alone. This is why our study skills tutors in the Dayton region take the bigger picture into account. Our program aims to ensure your child is ready for the increasing workloads and expectations to come in college. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program focuses on techniques for smarter studying, including:
- Time management to successfully manage schedules and schoolwork.
- Academic and strategic planning to set concrete short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organization to create an orderly study area and better tackle schoolwork.
- Performance management to set personal expectations and use an academic planner.
- Expectation management for successfully identifying teacher expectations and priorities.
- How to use active listening.
- Understanding and tackling college admissions requirements, including the college essay.
- Job interview preparation techniques, including crafting and effective resume and cover letter, and practicing interview questions.