Attempting to juggle everything from school projects and essays to extracurricular sports and activities — not to mention maintaining a social life — is not an easy task. However, Sylvan’s study skills program in the Dayton region can help ensure your teen is well-equipped for this thrilling yet turbulent period in his or her life. Tailored to students in grades 4-12, our study skills program aims to equip your child with important "higher order" thinking skills and strategies like academic planning, time management and resume preparation. After all, equipping your child with effective study skills can translate into greater success in the classroom, in college and in future careers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our tutoring experts in the Dayton region can help your child fulfill goals and tackle any workload.
Our Unique Approach
While you may be familiar with helping your child with a spelling question or a science fair project, equipping him or her with effective study skills and techniques may not come as easy. Rest assured our skilled tutors in the Dayton region use a range of study strategies to equip your child with practical skills that can be applied in school, in college and beyond: organizational tactics, time management techniques, academic planning tips and more.▼
We Can Help With All Kinds of Study Skills, Including:
- Time Management
Boosting Skills and Confidence
Passing a test or exam is one thing, but there’s more to success in school than grades alone. This is the reason our study skills tutors in the Dayton region consider the bigger picture. We have specially designed our program to make certain your son or daughter is well prepared for the mounting course loads and expectations to come. This includes diving into proven goal-setting strategies and study techniques that can be applied in a variety of situations.
Our study skills program will teach your child effective studying strategies including:
- Time management competencies for efficiently managing schedules and coursework.
- Strategic and academic planning in order to set and accomplish short-term and long-term projects and goals.
- Organizational abilities for streamlining schoolwork, arranging a personal study area, setting personal expectations and using an academic planner.
- Learning how to identify teacher expectations and use active listening.
- Getting to grips with college admissions requirements, including the college admission essay.
- Job interview tips and how to write a great resume and cover letter.